- Historian Robert Conquest, Soviet regime expert, dies at 98
- Relatives of Colorado theater shooting victims to testify
- NORC Poll: Things to know on views of race and police
- Crews report some progress against huge California wildfire
- Half of blacks say police have treated them unfairly
- 8 cities win open-data contest from ex-NYC mayor Bloomberg
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
News Story of the Day
Updated Aug 05, 03:50 AM
MIDDLETOWN, Calif. (AP) — Firefighters are reporting some progress against a Northern California wildfire that has charred more than 100 square miles of terrain, destroying buildings, threatening many others and sending thousands of residents fleeing. As firefighters and equipment from outside the state poured in to battle the blaze burning about 100 miles north of San Francisco, more than ...
Sports Story of the Day
Updated Aug 05, 12:37 AM
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — San Francisco general manager Trent Baalke said Tuesday night that the 49ers plan to keep Aldon Smith beyond this season and indicated the linebacker would like to re-sign with the team. "We're going to work hard to make sure that he remains here," Baalke said. Smith, who when at his best is one of the game's top pass-rushers, is entering a contract year after ...