- Hartford mayor calls strategy meeting in wake of shootings
- Twice-caught fugitive's clean life led to decades of freedom
- China waffles on stepping up pressure on Pyongyang
- Pentagon: 22 possibly exposed to anthrax at U.S. airbase in South Korea
- George Pataki joins GOP race for president
- Latest on Hastert: Succeeded Gingrich as House speaker
- Chicago mayor on officer who posed for racist photo: 'Good riddance'
- Texas, Oklahoma death toll at 21, more rain expected
- Arizona protesters demand closure of interior Border Patrol checkpoints
- Ex-US Speaker Hastert indicted on bank-related charges
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
News Story of the Day
Updated May 28, 05:42 PM
CHICAGO (AP) — Former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert agreed to pay $3.5 million in hush money to keep a person from the town where he was a longtime high school teacher silent about "prior misconduct" by the Illinois Republican who was once second in line to the U.S. presidency, according to a federal grand jury indictment handed down Thursday. The indictment, which doesn't describe the ...
Sports Story of the Day
Updated May 28, 08:17 PM
IRVING, Texas (AP) — Steven Bowditch considers the AT&T Byron Nelson his home tournament — just maybe not to the extent Jordan Spieth does. The Australian matched his low round on the PGA Tour with an 8-under 62 on Thursday to take a two-shot lead over another Texan, Jimmy Walker. Spieth was seven shots back in his first round as Masters champion in the event that gave the Dallas player his ...