- Wildflower Health Closes Series A Round to Fund Enterprise Expansion for Mobile Health Platform
- EDITORIAL: Whooping-cough bill / Flawed measure
- Two Areas in Miami-Dade County Selected for Health Foundation of South Florida's Healthy Community Partnerships Initiative
- Journey Forward and C/NET Solutions Innovate to Create Survivorship Care Plans for Cancer Patients
- Evangeline Lily shelves semi-retirement to be a 'Hobbit' elf
- Experimental diabetes drug makes comeback
- Mental Health America Faults Rep. Tim Murphy's Legislation for Jeopardizing Role for Consumers and Their Recovery
- Pharmacy Times Launches Fall Pharmacy Careers Issue
- Groups welcome dementia care funding [Sentinel, The (Stoke-on-Trent, England)]
- FDA Issues Complete Response Letter for Canagliflozin/Metformin Fixed-Dose Combination Therapy for Type 2 Diabetes
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
News Story of the Day
Updated Dec 12, 06:03 PM
HONOLULU - In the final moments of her life, Hawaii Health Director Loretta Fuddy clung to the hand of her deputy after a small plane taking them back to Honolulu crashed in the ocean off the island of Molokai.
In the water, Fuddy held hands with deputy director Keith Yamamoto as he tried to help her relax, said the Rev. Patrick Killilea, who consoled Yamamoto after the ordeal.
The crash occurred when the single engine of the 2002 Cessna Grand Caravan failed soon after it took off from Molokai and made its turn toward Honolulu, said Richard Schuman, owner of Makani Kai Air, operator of the plane.
Sports Story of the Day
Updated Dec 12, 01:25 PM
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas coach Mack Brown declined to say Thursday whether the Alamo Bowl will be his final game, amid intense speculation following another disappointing season that began with the Longhorns talking about becoming national championship contenders again.
Speaking to reporters for the first time since multiple published reports this week indicated that he might step down, Brown said he has yet to talk with new Texas athletic director Steve Patterson and university President Bill Powers about the job he's held since 1998.
He deflected several other questions about his future during a news conference in San Antonio about Texas' bowl game against Oregon on Dec. 30.
|Provide as much information as you know, and click Get Map.|